Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sqoop - Get Uganda entertainment news, celebrity gossip, videos and photos
Sqoop – Get Uganda entertainment news, celebrity gossip, videos and photosSqoop – Get Uganda entertainment news, celebrity gossip, videos and photos

Four One One

Miss curvy organisers fail to pay for old jeep, given two-day ultimatum

Brenda Nansasi standing near the car she won after being crowned as Uganda’s miss curvy. Photos by Stephen Otage

It is a culture that is stamped, sealed and signed that in Uganda, winners at different Beauty Pageants take home a ‘brand new’ car of any type. Pageants like Miss Uganda always give out the latest cars, they have given out a Toyota Wish, Raum and Spacio in the past years. Miss Tourism also gives out any latest cheap brand of car to car with the notable ones being an Ipsum and a Toyota Wish.

However, the Miss Curvy story was different. Miss Belinda Nansasi was handed an old Jeep Cherokee. The car was green in colour with Miss Curvy stickers.

It now turns out that the car was got from a bond in Mutundwe on a debt.

According to Bukedde TV, Hamid Kamanzi a car dealer has given the pageant organisers two days to pay for the car.

Kamanzi claims the pageant organizers led by Anne Mungoma approached him in dire need of a car towards the event.

“After negotiating, they agreed to take the Jeep Cherokee, which I was selling at Shs16m. The organizers promised to pay for the car on the D-Day of the Miss Curvy contest, using money from gate collections,” he said in an interview with Bukedde TV.

To date, however, Kamanzi has not received a single coin from them.

According to their agreement, Mungoma was supposed to pay Shs60% of the money on the night of the event and the remaining 40% later on.

To his surprise though, Kamanzi says Mungoma keeps referring him to Minister Kiwanda, who also says he has nothing to do with the car, as he was not part of the agreement.

When contacted by Bukedde, Mungo simply said the car his in with the dealer because it has some issues that need to be sorted before it can be handed to Belinda Nansasi who won the contest.

According to it’s Motor third party insurance of the car, the car under Registration number UAL 810Y was initially owned by a one David Matovu.

You May Also Like

News

Lawyers representing businessman Charles Olimu aka Sipapa together with his wife Shamirah Nakiyemba on charges of aggravated robbery have withdrawn alleging failure by their...

Events

The Miss Tourism beauty pageant returned to Serena hotel last night with pomp. Much as the audience was meagre, the event was well received...

Columnists

The Itanda locals making the most of the moment… Nyege Nyege tales: My month has been a roller coaster. I went from imagining Baba...

News

Authorities in Mubende have suspended musician David Lutalo’s Kabisi Kandagala following an Ebola outbreak confirmed in the district on Tuesday. “I have been seeing...

Advertisement