Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sqoop - Get Uganda entertainment news, celebrity gossip, videos and photos
Sqoop – Get Uganda entertainment news, celebrity gossip, videos and photosSqoop – Get Uganda entertainment news, celebrity gossip, videos and photos

Four One One

Man who tweeted family good-bye rescued from Kenya attack

Ronald Ng’eno with his family. He was rescued on Wednesday morning. PHOTO | COURTESY

A man who went viral on social media after bidding farewell to his family while trapped in one of the buildings at 14 Riverside complex during Tuesday’s attack has been rescued.

Ronald Ng’eno was evacuated hours after he tweeted a “goodbye message” to his family should he die in the attack. He walked out of the complex early Wednesday morning after being trapped for more than 10 hours.

Mr Ng’eno, in a series of tweets, had given updates on the harrowing situation inside Dusit D2 Hotel at a time no one knew exactly what was happening.

In his first tweet, he said that if he died, he loved the lord and believe I will go to heaven.

“Please tell my family I love then I love you Caleb, Mark and Carol.”

Mr Ng’eno who describes himself as a husband, father, communication consultant, trainer and photographer, continued to update people of the situation inside the building.

At around 7pm as gunfire was heard in the vicinity he added; “We are still in bathroom gunshots in building, please pray for us.”

His last tweet was a minute later saying that his phone charge was almost off; “please pray.”

As people waited for news of those rescued, Mr Ng’eno tweeted at 6:20am on Wednesday to the relief of those who had been  hoping to hear good news that he was well.

“Dear all thank you for your support. I am now out and at home with my family. Thanks to the brave @NPSOfficial_KE @kdfinfo for risking their lives to save others.”

Mr. Ng’eno was among the more than 174 people who were rescued overnight even as security forces continued to battle the attacker more the 12 hours after the siege started.

President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday morning declared the terrorist attack at the 14 Riverside Drive over, with all the terrorists having been killed.

He did not specify the number of the gunmen that had stormed the building complex, which houses the upmarket DusitD2 Hotel, among others.

A total of 14 people were killed, the President Kenyatta told the world in a media briefing from State House, Nairobi.

You May Also Like

Four One One

Just like Kampala, Mbarara City never sleeps and that is perhaps why the first Walkers tour headed to Agip Hotel last Saturday evening and...

Celebrity Profiles

Eric Omondi has opened up on how President Uhuru Kenyatta once asked him to add weight. He shared the comments on his Instagram page...

Events

It’s been a while since Fille last performed on stage but come the June 11, she alongside Rick Miles and Jowy Landa will be...

Events

Nigerian Singer and songwriter, Jaywillz is expected in Uganda on Sunday ahead of the much-anticipated show at Nomads Bar and Grill in Bunga. The...

Advertisement