After months of being homeless, Uganda’s oldest band-Afrigo can proudly say they just found a new home. The band recently entered into an agreement with Club Silk, to perform every Friday for the next few months.
Afrigo has been homeless since they fell out with the management of Club Obbligato along Bombo Road. The band has been performing in different hangouts every weekend. While the turn-up at most of their events has been massive, the band founders, were not happy about the fact that they had no permanent place to entertain their loyal fans.
Although they are being unplugged tonight, Afrigo Band will start playing weekly every Friday at Club Silk starting on February 13. The band will play from 7pm till midnight when normal partying will start.
Both Club Silk and Afrigo Band management are holding on to the financial details of their agreement like a top government secret, but sources privy to the agreement told us that Afrigo Band will receive about Shs5m every Friday to perform at the club.
More in Four One One
- I don’t want to talk about Daddy Andre anymore – Angella Katatumba
Towards the end of 2019 audio producer, singer Daddy Andre and Angella Katatumba dominated headlines for a greater part as they...May 14, 2021
- Spice Diana sends her manager special birthday message
32 Records boss Roger Lubega commonly referred to as manager Roger is celebrating his birthday today. The manager who has fundamental...May 14, 2021
- Sheebah, Mudra collaborate on upcoming song
Mudra D Viral started as a songwriter but last year, he announced that he would be joining active music as an...May 13, 2021
- I wasn’t part of the organisers at the swearing-in ceremony – Balaam
Yesterday President Museveni was sworn in for the sixth term at Kololo Airstrip. The event was graced by several guests including...May 13, 2021
- Pearl of Africa Star Search submissions closed
After weeks into the nationwide search for the first Pearl of Africa Star where talent scouts visited different regions looking for...May 12, 2021
- Voltage Music Singers celebrate Mothers’ Day with teenage moms
In the spirit of joining the rest of the world to celebrate Mother’s last week, artistes Kent & Flosso of the...May 12, 2021
- Gaetano, Zahara Toto, Azawi for UBL documentary series gig
TV personalities Gaetano Kagwa and Zahara Toto have been picked to host Uganda Breweries Limited’s “Brewed by Uganda” webisodes, as part...May 12, 2021
- Fik Fameica speaks up on campaign against illegal distribution of music and Ugandan awards
Last week, singer A Pass started the campaign last week, demanding that local websites that don’t pay him to delete all...May 12, 2021
- Bobi Wine urges artistes to refrain from begging for financial support from gov’t
Legendary Ugandan musician Bobi Wine has encouraged fellow artistes to refrain from begging for financial support from the government, adding that...May 12, 2021