With the recent outbreak of typhoid and other diseases that may come along, MediSafe is a free app for families and caregivers. The app can sync among family members’ apps and alert each other if one person misses their medication. MediSafe is useful especially for caregivers managing numerous family members, each with their own profile.
The user interface is one of MediSafe’s strengths. It is very easy to use, and very flexible with partial data. As long as one enters their medication and disease, the app will give the general prescription. The Customisable icons and attractive graphs show how frequently one takes medications, and how often one remembers to. And MediSafe’s interface is designed to play very well with Android, complete with a home screen widget, sound notifications, LED notifications, and vibration settings.
• Interface is attractive and easy to use.
• Numerous ways of reminding, including Android Wear, Android’s standard notifications system via vibration, sound, LED.
• Can chart and graph weekly adherence rates and export to Excel spreadsheet.
• MedFriend feature allows family or friend to help users remember to take their medications.
• Allows you to track others’ medications as a caregiver.
• Requires manual entry of data: no integration with wearable devices to track things such as weight or blood pressure.
• The publicly-available app is geared towards end-users with no way to access records from their health system or pharmacy.