The Uganda Entertainment Awards which were introduced in 2015 are set to happen again this year. The Awards that are in the third edition will take place on September 9 at Kampala Serena Hotel’s Victoria Hall.
After the two editions came to pass, there were mixed reactions about the Awards. While some where saying Businessman Jack Pemba had taken over the Awards, others said Ronald Kabuye also known as Kabz was the main shareholder.
While the third edition of the Awards is yet to happen, Vincent Nsubuga has come out to trash all the claims that the Awards are owned by Pemba and Kabz. Nsubuga says that Pemba and Kabz have never owned any share of Uganda Entertainment Awards. “I solely own the Awards; Jack Pemba was only a platinum sponsor for last year’s Awards and about Kabz, he is just the official organiser.
Kabz says he has always been the CEO of the Awards but working under Nsubuga whom he reports to. “I am the CEO of the Awards but Vincent Nsubuga is my boss, I have been working with him ever since the Awards were first launched in 2015 although he doesn’t like to be in the limelight,” Kabz said.